Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation in AZ

Here are a few pictures from us hiking to Reavis Ranch.. the long Wednesday hike- but it was still pretty fun. See- even Jimmy made it with us!

Here is Matt's graduation..... what a mess! Out of all the graduations I have gone to AZ, none have ever been like this. It was raining on and off all day, Gilbert thought about moving the ceremony inside but kept it outside for some reason. Here is Dan, Tyler, Kelli, Scott and Ben before everything started. Jim and Monica came with the kids but left once they found out no audio was feeding into the auditorium. Dan, Kelli and Scott lasted about 45 minutes. It just got too rainy and cold and was pretty miserable. Grandma and Uncle Tim did stay with Ben, Dad and me through out the whole thing. The crazy part was through all the rain, the Principal still had everyone speak- all 8 or so people. Parents were walking all over the field getting their kids some water gear, once some kids got their diploma's they took off for the car.. amusing I guess. We did find Matt to get a couple pictures and then were out of there.
Friday after graduation we headed up to Payson for a week getaway. I left Monday (Memorial Day) to get back to work but Ben stayed until the end of the week- giving him almost 2 1/2 weeks in AZ. And me alone in CO. But here is a picture of the boys Bolfing. It was A LOT of fun. I played a couple times- and the boys were very patient with letting a pregnant, wimpy girl play their game. I got to cheat and start a little closer and got more encouragement than I felt deserved. Those boys sure are fun to play with !! And Ben got a little crazy playing paintball with the terrain not being oh so flat- so he got a little sprain and took a cool picture! Very pretty...
Of course we had to take one with both of us, won't be too long before there won't be just both of us. Plus- my parents flew up for the day so they could take me home, so had to take a picture of them on our little hike/walk. I'm glad they got to come up and spend some time with them. I was down in AZ for longer than usual, but had a lot of McDowell time- but it is always good to have the Skousen's come around.
A lot happened on that trip, and it was great to be able to go home- But also great to get back to the house. Even if I was alone and going back to work. A little baby note- it is amazing how one day you don't look or feel pregnant and then the next morning that little bump doesn't go away and gets bigger. I was bummed Ben couldn't come home with me. I had another check-up... and everytime I go in I get an US to check the heartbeats. It was so fun to see the little babies squirm around. But then the next day I started looking pregnant. And then a week went by, and this week I really look pregnant. I don't feel far enough along to be showing- but the three little dudes are growing so that is a really good sign. Maybe next week I'll get to keep some pictures and update those that are interested!!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Jen are u kidding???? You are over 3 months preggo right? You should totally be showing a ton by now with triplets. Most people with 3 are huge by now. And you were hiking??? That is so crazy to me! I am on the couch for months rotting with one!!!! You look like you are doing awesome. I am so amazed that you are so good with three inside you. I wish I could have three and be skinny like you and not sick!!! Go Jen-you are going to have so much fun!!!!

Claydens said...

I can't wait to see your cute little belly! I'm so glad you were able to spend some good time in AZ-I just got back after almost 3 weeks, I feel the same as you,it's so good to be home!See you soon!

Colton and Ashley said...

I heard about the rain on graduation! YUCK! Too bad you had to sit through it! And...ps....you look awesome!

Amy said...

Oh yeah with 3 you show ridiculously early! There isn't anywhere else for them to go. My Grandmother had triplets and she said she started showing really early. They are all identicle. 3 boys. Chances of that are very rare like 1 in 14 million or something... it is very high. And it was totally natural which is even crazier. Can't wait to see pics of your growing belly.

music lady said...

Jen,
I kind of snuck onto your blog. Hope you don't mind. You two are so much fun and triplets... that is totally fantastic and knowing how you were with kids in our ward I know you will be the greatest parents. Remember me??? the one who was totally afraid to get my hair colored and highlighted!?!?! But you were so persuasive! Best wishes and God bless you both!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ok you are going to have to post a picture or two of you to prove that you look pregnant, cause in these pics you don't! I'm not sure why, since you're lugging three babies around! Crazy. I still can't believe it.

Lindsey Ballard Hall said...

When I was pregnant with my girls I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks. One day you'll look down and your feet will have disappeared. You don't even look pregnant though! Remember to take it easy!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, looks like you had a great time in AZ! Are you growing yet??? We wanna see pics, how are you feeling?

Lindsey and Brett said...

That was definitely a graduation to remember. Has Gilbert ever been that rainy in May? Man, that was a rough night.