Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too Much going on

I was thinking we'd update this a little more often with more news to share, but things have gotten a little busy and haven't had too much free time. So a re-cap... we went to an arena football game with the Caffall's one friday night the beginning of May- decided we should probably get out a little more while we have the opportunity.Then we made it home for Mother's Day as a last minute trip. We spent most of our time Hanging out at the McDowell's to spend time with the family since it was a short quick trip. Sunday morning mom got a Bath and I had the chance to poof up her hair a little bit, so here is the Mother's Day pic of the year. We had dinner at Jim and Monica's- and then we flew out to CO around 10:30p. Tuesday night Ben flew back home since his mom wasn't doing too well- and I made it home Thursday after a partial day of work. Mom McDowell passed away Wednesday night so it wasn't a planned thing to come home so soon, but it was great that we were able to make it home on short notice. Ben was about done with school for the semester and I am able to get a week off of work, so we are still here spending time with the family. The viewing was Friday night and the Funeral Saturday morning. Ben gave an excellent spiritual talk and all the boys did a great job giving the life sketch. They had plenty to work with since she's such an amazing lady. We did a little searching through pictures and got stories from the aunts and uncles of how things were growing up.... it was fun to learn a little more about her and the past. We will definitely miss her, but hope she is taking care of our little babies in the mean time. So that was our filled weekend and now have a chance to relax a little bit. Yesterday we went hiking to Reavis Ranch- a total of 14 miles and I am completely wiped out. It was great to get outdoors and was beautiful- as AZ gets anyway. So today I had a chance to stay chilled all morning and pretty much slept. My body just doesn't work the same anymore. I did get another Ultrasound sometime in the past week or two, so I'll see what we can do about that. I'm sure everyone else knows what they look like- but I was pretty proud that they look like babies now. We'll see.....





12 comments:

William and Marianne said...

hi jen! im so sorry about ann. i hope the mcdowell boys are doing ok. im sure she is watching her 3 grandkids!! are you guys still in town!? if so, i want to see ya before you leave!! let me know!!....

Lindsey Ballard Hall said...

hey jenny--i was so sorry to hear about ben's mom. I'm glad that you guys got to spend some time with her before she passed away. keep taking care of yourself!

CJB said...

Hey guys! I found your blog thru Kelly. Congrats on the triplets. One of my good friends here has quads and they are so much fun. My deepest sympathies for Ben's mom passing. Sounds like you make it to AZ a lot... I still want you to do my hair again someday! Tell Julie congrats on her wedding. I sure do miss ya! Christi Billquist

Natalie said...

Ben I'm so sorry about your Mom. Thankfully we know she's in a better place, and I'm sure she is taking care of your little babies :) I'm glad you got to see her before she passed away. Jen I hope you're doing ok! Take lots of naps!

Jenna said...

Jen I am so sorry to hear about you guys Mom. Tell Ben I am so sorry. I hope you guys are doing OK. I can't believed you hiked that long Jen....you gotta slow down when your preggo girlfriend.....especially with triplets! I really hope you guys are Ok, it breaks my heart when people lose a loved one.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh wow, I am so sorry about Ben's mom. I can't imagine how hard that must be. You're right though, she if for sure taking care of your little babies. Keep us all posted!

The Boring Family said...

I'm sure that Ben's mom is doing a great job taking care of your little ones. Isn't the gospel great--that we can see the whole picture and know they are all together? I am so glad that you got to spend just a little more time with her right at the end. I'm sure you'll cherish the memory always.

Colton and Ashley said...

I know you've heard this a million times already, but we too are sorry about your loss. I couldn't imagine what those boys are going through. But, like you said, I'm sure she is having a ball playing with her grand-babies! Hang in there momma of 3!!!! I love saying that!

The Kemptons said...

How are you feeling little mama? Has your doctor given you a due date yet? I only ask because I am having a baby the first week in December. I still need your email so I can send you an invite to my blog. tiffanykempton@gmail.com
And I am very sorry about your mother-in-law. I hope you guys are doing as well as you can be with this event.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Ben really did a great job with his talk at the funeral. It was a really nice service. I always knew that Anne was a fun and lively lady, I just never knew all the details. It really was nice to hear such nice stories. She was always so strong.

William and Marianne said...

we need an update and take some pics of your tummy!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ben's mom. She is free from her sick body now, and watching out for baby McDowells.