Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dad would be Proud!

I grew up in a house with plenty of house work to do and yard work. My mom took care of the inside while my Dad took care of the outside. However, we kids were taught to do everything- which I think is a good thing. We were taught to work. I know how to clean the house and knew the basics of cooking when I got married. My mom did well. My mom definitely encouraged the working but my Dad tried to force the outside jobs. I've learned gardening, we had to hoe in the garden everyday in the summer, and didn't care for that much. (I thought kids were supposed to sleepin in the summers) We had to help wash the cars pretty much every Saturday. We got to pick fruit to juice and anything else you do with the fruit. We also got to learn how to mow the lawn. Sometimes it was fun and others not so much. We did have a riding lawn mower, which was why it was fun sometimes. Now that I am on my own- not with parents- I haven't had to do any off that. Well, I guess I do wash cars and am usually the one to do the waxing on them too. But Ben loves yard work. Gets him out of the house with me, no kids to take care of, exercise, instant gratification- who knows why. I have been lucky enough to never need to take care of our yard. I helped once in CO, but wasn't good at the mower. Today I did my part and thought my Dad would be happy to see I still help mow the lawn and even with a push mower!

0 comments: