Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Almost..

We have made it through a week with Lincoln and Tatum... Kind of getting the hang of things. Still trying to figure out the best time to take a nap, Poor Ben gets up at night too and doesn't get much of a nap in during the day with school and visiting Carter so we may become a mess here pretty quick. The much help from friends has been GREAT!! So thank you thank you. Folding Laundry or emptying the dishwasher- letting me nap.. Holy Cow, it is such a relief to have awesome friends. Lincoln especially loves the attention, it seems he can't get a good nap in unless it is in someone's arms. Now that we've got a pattern with two- We have news on Carter. His surgery went well last week. All was accomplished that was supposed to be and he got moved from the CICU to the NICU sooner than expected. He decided he would pull out his own breathing tube, so they thought he was ready to heal. Then he decided he didn't want to breath everyonce in awhile so he got the CPAP and then Tubed again for a day. Monday the docs decided he was doing well enough to pull out his IV's that were all over the place and his feeding tube- having the nasal cannula handy when needed for breathing but able to eat everything on his own. Today Ben calls to say he is ready to be discharged Friday morning. Good news... it should be. But- Ben is leaving for an interview, My fam. is coming back Friday later in the day, Linc and Tatum have doc appts Friday afternoon, and I am supposed to be picking Carter up in the morning?? We'll see how this turns out. But we are excited Carter has improved soo fast and we won't have to be making trips to the hospital to see the Little Trooper. So that is that. We'll try and get some pics of the three of them again when they are all back together!

11 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

you're amazing already able to find time to blog! Thanks for keeping us posted on your lil' ones. Glad to hear they are doing well.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Sheesh. Good luck on Friday. I wish I was going to be there to help!

Claydens said...

let me know what I can do to help you on Friday. I can totally help you with whatever you need! I had so much fun feeding Tatum and still cannot believe that girls man belch!

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

I'm so bummed I'm missing everything! I can't believe how quickly you've managed to get all three healthy enough to come home! It's amazing. I emailed you more. Love ya!

Adam and Nikki said...

Yeah, I am so happy for you both and that all the babies will be home together.

William and Marianne said...

you two are amazing!!!!! =)
glad you guys are all healthy!!

akdoxey said...

Jenny- you are amazing. I'll never complain again. You look great. The kids look so adorable. The picture of all three of them on Ben's lap is priceless. I wish I were there to help you out, but so glad you have friends who are so giving. Good luck to Ben and to all of you.

Trina said...

Holy Cow girl~! Your are totally awesome! Your babies are so sweet! Good luck~!

Stockwells said...

I am really happy to see the babies doing so well. Please let me know what I can do for you. You may find this weird but I do have pleny of time on my hands to come help with cleaning, changing diapers, fixing dinner or even if you need help through the night so Ben can get some sleep for school I would be more then willing to come stay and get up with the babies. PLEASE just call me 8016316959
Love,
Jen Stockwell

Amy said...

Oh that is wonderful news. Man you are goin to have your hands full. Good luck!

Heath and Steph said...

Great news! Sorry we keep missing each other. Maybe I can make it over tomorrow sometime!