Friday, December 18, 2009

Time Passing

I can't believe how fast time goes. We've been looking forward to Christmas- and it is almost here. What next? The Babes are becoming more and more lively so I've tried to spice things up a bit here and there. I am not creative, but I try to think of fun, different things to do that is new to them. I saved some boxes from Sam's club so that made for some entertainment for a day. Tatum pulled down the basket of headbands, so that made some fun entertainment for a bit..


I know- not very creative at all, but it works!We got our Christmas tree up. The kids wouldn't dare touch it the first day- then got more adventurous and daring as the days passed. Now they have no fear of the lights or ornaments and like the show the tree who's boss! We are working on turning the guest room into a kids room...( since we never get any visitors) and the kids love it! Which also means I love it! The bed on the floor is a big hit. We may just keep it there and if someone comes- they'll have to sleep on the floor (on the mattress of course). Since we don't have stairs, this has also taught the babes how to properly get to a lower level. Carter still likes to attempt to just walk off.. still doesn't end well. They are also learning how to throw and how to do a somersault. All a work in progress. And last- we made it to our Ward Christmas Party. Started out a disaster while trying to eat- but ended up pretty good. By the time the program started the babes were so tired since it was way past their bedtime. We managed to change them while the primary kids were singing (then not everyone heard the cries while getting pants changed) and the boys rested on their Dad, while Tatum was wiggly with me. Santa made an appearance at the end and Ben felt it necessary to get a pic. I guess the boys were fine for the first 30 seconds, but by the time I made it up with Tatum... the picture tells it all. But- they got a picture with Santa so that is awesome!



10 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

I love the picture with Santa!!

Teri said...

Guys, that picture with Santa will be an AwEsOmE memory! Looks like you guys have been busy. Are you heading to AZ for christmas? We need your new address so we can get you our christmas card.

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Thanks for putting up new pics. They're fantastic. Sorry we never made it up to visit. Cannot wait to see you guys next week - is your mom prepared to share?? :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love them all, but the Santa one is priceless. I'm excited for you guys to move back her to Pemberley will have three new friends to play with.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh my gosh Jen how do you do it?? Seriously.

char said...

can't wait to see you all.

Bert and Benton said...

Cute cute cute! Love the fun update. We should plan a little get together while you're down here!!!!

Brimhall Family said...

I like the picture with Santa!

Dana said...

Oh my heck, James and I are laughing our heads off at the Santa picture!!! How funny! Looks like you are having all sorts of fun. Hope we can see you guys soon! We miss you!

Shelley said...

LOVE love love the Santa picture!!