Sunday, January 18, 2009

So Far so Good

Carter has been a trooper through all his many trials. The surgery was a success as far as we know. They removed the band from his PA and closed the big VSD. His first couple days after surgery he was a little sedated and didn't know what was going on. That made it a lot easier to leave him for the day knowing he would sleep through everything. Then he decided to wake up- so Ben slept with him one night while in the CICU..




Then (So I don't know how to rotate pics, but I needed an update of Tatum, her second dress and first time to church.) The top pic of Carter was the third day where he got his 3 chest tubes pulled (where the gauze is) and soon after this pic was taken he got his breathing tube out. What a happy Man he was! He is still quite a bit swollen- but is makes him look a little chunkier. He is going to have some awesome scars when all is said and done. Had to get a picture of him with the nurses from the CICU before they moved him upstairs... they just loved having him in there to take care of, so they say. And to the right.. Lincoln dressed like a big boy supporting Carter. He is becoming a real Tank and we LOVE IT!!

7 comments:

Lari Arner said...

Ahh Jen...he looks so good (I know to most people a little scary, but to me sooo good!) I am so glad to hear that he is doing well, and out of ICU! You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week! Your kids are so beautiful and I am soooo happy for you guys!

Dana said...

Yay for a successful surgery! I am glad everything is going well. Sorry I was at a boring conference and couldn't help you. ;) Let me know when you need me again! I may just come over anyway since I haven't seen you for a while!

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

I Love the picture of Lincoln with Carter - Carter looks so alert and happy. Hopefully once he heals his already sweet demeanor will improve even more! Miss you guys already!

Mariley Johnson said...

It's still amazing to me that you have THREE babies! You must be a wonderful mother to get 3 at a time!
So happy to hear that Carter is doing well.

Nate Jenna Grant & Cale said...

All 3 of them are so adorable. They all have their own look, but all look like both of you! If that makes sense.?
We sure miss seeing you guys! Probably wouldn't recognize you now with 3 babies! Take care-

Amy said...

Oh they are getting so big! They are Adorable! I am glad to hear that things went well with Carter's Surgery.

William and Marianne said...

poor little guy! we'll keep him in our prayers! what a trooper!