Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ben Says Hello

Jen has finally pinned me down and is requiring that I participate in this family blog. So, here goes.

That wimpy basketball team of mine finished the season 0-8, with an average score of 40 something to 6 or 7. There was only 1 game all season that we were even remotely competitive, but we had a good time. Fortunately for us, all teams made the playoffs with two divisions - Good teams and not so good teams. Game 1 was amazing - we demolished the other team to win 22-7. The best part is that when game 2 rolled around later that afternoon my team obviously had forgotten the first 3 months of the season. They were talking so much trash to the other team about how they were going to kill them. And they did! They backed it up! Reality set in harshly come game 3, but they didn't care. They were winners, got trophies, and I was proud of them.

Aside from that, I just got back from Spring Break. No, I didn't go to Miami for the parties. Just to AZ to spend some time with family. We went camping for a few days on the rim east of Payson. I got sun burned the first day, but loved the heat. I have to take the opportunity to brag - I beat Jim in a game of hand-gun PIG. (I may have lost in HORSE, but I beat a cop in PIG - go figure). Mom about fell over when she shot the 9 mm - good laughs for everyone. Aside from that, we did a little fishing (I caught two bite size fish sticks), felled a dead tree with a chainsaw (my first ever), and shot paintballs at anything Jimmy (Jim's son) could see.

School is back in session and keeping me busy, but the countdown is on. Only 14 months until graduation.

3 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Hey Ben! You're ahead of the game! I can't get Layne to even read the blog much less post on it! :) Sounds like a fun trip home, I'm jealous! Good luck with school.

Unknown said...

It is so nice to see the men joining the blogging world! I have 2 friends whoes husbands do all their blogging. I am very proud of you! You guys are so cute! Hope you are having fun to CO!

Anonymous said...

Good job for joining in and posting Ben! Congrats on your win, even if it was just one, with the basketball boys, looked like you guys had fun, thats all that matters at that age...or my age!