Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our New Love

We have made it back to Colorado. We are back in our old house to start a new life, or something like that. Lucky for me- Ben has been home for a few weeks to help set up camp. There was some fixing up to do to our house and then the decorating. I am so not good in that department and we didn't want it the same as before. Plus- we have 3 toddlers now to make space for. They have a lot of junk to store which is hard to fit in our non-storage house. After a few weeks we are about moved in. Only a few piles left to find homes for. As we've been here, we have accumulated a few things. Ben built an awesome tv stand/ wall unit. We figured there is no space on the floor for an entertainment center- so on the wall the tv has to go so toys can be stored underneath. Ben had many trial runs and complications come up- but after a couple days work that got done. Then we decided our round table needed to go. We are still waiting to find a buyer for it though. However, we found our replacement table; Black, square, counter height. Pretty Sweet! It is working out great. Seems a little big for our kitchen, almost all tables are though. Next addition.. a trampoline. The babes think their beds and couches are for jumping so we thought this would be the best entertainment/investment. It is less than 2 ft off the ground and only 8ft across- so no biggy, but they LOVE IT!! (Hence, our new love) I got a video of their first time jumping on their tramp, but it has Linc falling off backwards. I think it is funny, we'll post it sometime but don't think we are bad parents. Obviously I was right there to help him after the fact, and all was fine, but I'm not getting a cage for them so they can bounce off of the sides and be more crazy. Kids are flexible right? and they got to learn sometime. Anywho- they love this and I can't wait until they are experienced enough to play in the back yard all alone . Here is Linc reading the directions for us..

Breaking it in slowly...
I am pretty impressed at how well their balance and coordination is, plus- the happy faces!! The boys still love their seat drops!!

I also realized I haven't take any pics of our house upgrades- we'll see if I get around to getting some for those interested in seeing. I am rather impressed though at what we've done with this place though..

8 comments:

Skinners said...

Super awesome! I agree about the cage. Hey, we all fell off the trampoline and survived right? ;) I cannot believe how big they are! So cute!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK where did you get that tramp? I love how it's smaller. Our backyard is the size of my bathroom and I think that might actually fit.

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

LOVE the trampoline-it's perfect! I sure miss my little jumpers! And I'd love to see pictures of the house!

akdoxey said...

Slightly, ok really jealous that you're in Colorado. How did you have your same house? How long is his residency? I have to go to Fort Collins to get my braces fixed so I'll have to give you a call when I go. Good luck moving back...oh so jealous!

Lacey Lou Who said...

So cute! It looks like they are going to have a lot of fun on that! Good luck in CO

eckleinman said...

I wish I was back in CO! Can you go spy on our house for us? I am jealous that you are in CO, but we only have 8 months left in WI! You are just starting:). At least we will be able to meet up when you go to AZ to visit!

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

I loved your house!! You guys did a great job with it. The table is awesome! Trevor tried out the tramp for you too... he said it was small :)... I told him but it is perfect for normal sized kids. We were really impressed with the tv stand. Looks professional Ben! Sooooo sad we missed you guys :( Our renter works for the airlines though so we can get hooked up with buddy passes every so often :0). Call me when you have time

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I'm supposed to ask you where you got that tramp :)

Looks like a blast!