Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sprint Triathlon


I completed my first race of any kind. Yah- back in the day I'd do a 5k here and there, maybe a 10k- but running never got me excited to do it again. A few friends we've made in Oklahoma have done a sprint triathlon and got me interested in trying it out. So- I signed up for it and did it! I was a little bummed to not have anyone to join in with me since I had to go in blind- but in the end I was ok with it. I had no one to impress or compete against, just getting my feet wet and experiencing the first on my own was awesome. I would love to do one again. Ben wasn't planning on coming, he took the day off so he could watch kids. Then the day before he changed his mind- so I tried to find someone to come over at 5:45 so he could come with me- that fell through, but still found a girl/friend to come over later in the morning. Ben had everything ready to go so when she showed up he loaded the kids and showed up. I was way stoked to see him waiting for me when I got out of the pool. Then at every transition I saw him and the kids playing. And then when I got their attention as I went by- they would say "mama, mama" It was awesome. Got me pumped up! Anyway- good times, good times!


3 comments:

eckleinman said...

Good job! Good to see you racing and being hardcore!

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

Yahoo! I'm glad you decided to do it and had a great time.

Bert and Benton said...

Way to go Fuf! you Rock. I have a goal to complete a sprint Tri, cept I have one problem, or maybe 3, I hate running, I'm a pathetic swimmer and I don't know a whole lot about cycling.... but really, That's seriously awesome!!