Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lifesaver Lynn

We have awesome friends here in Colorado that are always so willing to help out with kids. Even great friends that are willing to watch the kids this weekend so we can take a trip to Oklahoma to look for a house to rent. And I had a great job at the hospital before the kids came along. Towards the end of the pregnancy I could take days off to shorten my hours, or breaks to go to my ongoing appointments, co-workers would help out so I wouldn't have to carry heavy things or walk around too much, a manager that worked with me and my maternity leave- definitely was a fantastic job all around. The best part about it was Lynn. She was a Case Manager/RN over the docs and decided she was done. Lynn retired end of the year, called me up and said when can I come help?? My usual response is whenever you feel like it. So we decided Tuesdays and Thursdays would work best. I thought this would last a couple weeks and then she'll be done with her baby fix. Nope. She is the kids adopted Grandma since they don't have any in CO. She has been coming for months allowing me to run errands, take naps, do some hair, go out with Ben... just a stress relief for me when the babes are having a rough day. She is bummed we are moving thinking she'll be bored, what am I going to do without her?? I can handle days by myself, but I think it is only because I have her a couple times a week. So besides getting this miracle babies, I got an Angel Grandma Lynn to come with them to give us some sanity. Thanks for all your help and we are going to miss you! Hopefully you can test out your motorhome in OK sometime!

6 comments:

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Oh I could just cry. I'm so glad you have someone to take care of you when we are all so far away. God bless that woman!

Dustin said...

I have a house in oklahoma city that I am selling . Check it out at www.2108dogwood.com and email me if u want to see it this weekend merryfim@msn.com

Mariley Johnson said...

What an amazing woman!

William and Marianne said...

they are getting so big and cute! are they identical? cause they look like it!!!!!

Laura said...

Wow! She looks like a lifesaver! Sounds like you guys have made incredible friends in CO.

Lindsey and Brett said...

That is seriously so sweet of her! You and your kids are lucky to have found such a wonderful person.