Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saturday full of fun



Beautiful Camelback Mountain!!










We were so excited to get out of CO while it was snowing, we had to make the most of our AZ trip. So Saturday morning we planned a hiking trip to Camelback. It was AWESOME! I hadn't done it for a long time, and Ben never had. So Brent gathered up a couple friends, and we gathered up Mom Skousen and Dad McDowell and had a pretty good time. It was a perfect day, sunny clear (if you couldn't tell) and warm. And it wasn't much of a mountain, but it gave off a pretty good darn view of the Valley. After some hiking, we gathered some of the McDowell clan a visited Matt working at Sonic, and then to Sports Authority to grab some slingshots. So, Of course when we got home they had to be broken in. Each boy got a turn at being target practice while everyone else lined up to shoot at them. The girls were free of having to get shot at, but Mom even jumped in to shoot when Dad was all layered up. I got a couple of good shots in- Right to the shoulder blades, felt pretty good about those!!



And here are the kids having a movie party while the adults were getting ready for a night full of Games!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just LOVE family gatherings! I know I appreciate them so much more having lived away from home the past 6 years. We are sad our time in AZ is quickly running out. I am glad we were able to see eachother (briefly at Chrismtas!)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm totally jealous! We're in the middle of a huge blizzard right now. I sounds like they're going to close down the University in an hour if it doesn't stop which means I get to leave work early, but still, I'd rather be in AZ!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh I love Camelback. This is perfect weather for that hike!