Sunday, December 16, 2007

End of School.....

Ben and the Fighting Rams....


(Can't really see it, but it is a sleeping Rhino)
Nothing TOO exciting happened this week, just Ben is done with school for a two weeks. So we celebrated by going out to eat at Bennigan's friday night. Not really celebrated, but that is what we did. Also went to the Denver Zoo Lights Saturday night for a GI/Hepatology UCH work party- so free admission and free food. Can't complain about that too much. Then today the bothers flew in... Jim,Scott and Brent.. Sorry no Dan, Matt or Mark, You guys sure will miss out. The boys will do some snowboarding Mon-Thurs while Jen slaves aways short handed at the hospital. (a co-worker just quit..) Bad news.. The snowboard equipment still hasn't arrived- Southwest lost the luggage and doesn't know where to find it. First it will catch the next flight out of PHX (the guy took a break and forgot to add a cart of bags, that is our guess because a lot of people got hosed) then they were in Nashville, and now they don't know where they are. They just made stories up before. So the Brothers are on their way to the airport hoping to have luck with something, otherwise that makes for a miserable snowboard trip with no Gear... We'll see, I guess you'll have to check next week.......

5 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I don't understand how they can possibly lose luggage that often. Last time we flew to Phoenix for Christmas, they lost my bag with all the presents in it. I hope everyone gets their gear in time for some boarding!

Skousen Family! said...

ok I HATE SWA
they lost are bags coming home from San Fran....
Good thing it was after are trip and then the next morning it was sitting on my door step with some things missing I was I AM still MAD about it! Well good luck with the boys. I am sure you will have a blast going to work everyday while they go off to PLAY!! I cant wait until you are in Az so we can Play!

Cec said...

SW has this uncanny ability of messing up trips! When I went to Canada, we flew into NY and my friend's luggage didn't arrive. They didn't get it to him until the last day we were there....and then when we flew home, I flew United to AZ and he went to UT on SW, they lost his luggage AGAIN and cancelled his flight...he had to stay in NY for an extra day (without luggage) and get home to...no luggage. They did find it for him the next day. UGGhhh...moral of the story, only do carry on if you are flying southwest!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Man that's the pits!!! I hate when they loose my luggage! Hopefully it all works out, I'm sure they'll have fun in the snow!

Bert and Benton said...

Oh that bites the big one!! How annoying, and how lame that they lied to you guys. Did it ever turn up?? Brent has come into Regis a few times, he's so funny. He got part of your Christmas present from me.